Welcome

Thanks for checking out my blog!

For me reading is an escape from boredeom or an escape from my life and into another. I admit to reading way too fast and then wishing I had not read the book so fast. I find stress relief in reading as most people who read do. It is said that hose who enjoy reading as much as I do generally are good writers and great with grammar. I can honestly tell you I am not the best writer in the world and I am horrible with grammar. So if you notice things that are wrong you are probably right and it has not changed in 24 years so I am guessing it never will. If you think I might like a book you have read let me know and I will try and read it. I tend to choose a book maily how I am feeling at that time.

If you have comments about any books please feel free to share. As I said before my blog is based on my own feelins and understandings of the book.


Enjoy!







Friday, December 3, 2010

14er Fan Club- By Jerry Funk

14er Fan Club- One Mans Quest to Climb all 55 14,000 Foot Mountains in Colorado, Written by Jerry Funk. 


The author of this book is a friend of mine and I have enjoyed listening to him speak about his crazy adventures while climbing the 14,000 ft peaks in Colorado.  This is a great book for anyone who enjoys reading about adventure and living your life to the fullest. Also, if you are like me and find yourself supporting someones crazy and wild adventures you will appreciate the stories of all those around Jerry who supported his highly dangerous adventure!


Jerry recounts his trip up the 55 14ers in Colorado. After moving from Minnesota, Jerry like many others saw a mountain as something to ski or hike for a fun time.  Little did he know these magnificent beauties held such great stories. You learn about all his climbing buddies, and what it takes to complete such a task!


 As Jerry tells his stories you can picture yourself being there with him every step of the way without having to do all the hard work!  Each journey has a different story, different struggles and funny moments. You get to know the characters and as you move through the book you run into a few pages of pictures which help you to understand more about his climbing buddies and the amazing sights he saw while accomplishing this great task.


 Soon Jerry found him self from a beginning climber to an expert.  I highly recommend this book for anyone who is interested in climbing the 14ers in Colorado, loves stories full of adventures or wants to find the courage to accomplish your own life goals.


I hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Not to mention you climbed a 14er yourself, with a little motivational speaking from, yours truly! good job, great review and a great book! everyone should check it out!

    ReplyDelete